Saturday, September 11, 2010

Grief

My gram used to say that our own grief is the worst grief, unless we're able to let go.

After my daughter died, 2 days after she was born, I experienced exactly what she'd told me.
The world stopped to exist and all I could do is think about her.

But then I was told about a mother who died during childbirth and I realised that not far from us a baby had to grow up without his mother.

In fact this opened up my grief and I realised I was one in the long line of mothers who had to live with a dead child in her personal history and her family history.

This has formed me for life.
Whenever I experience something I realise I'm one of all those people who experience the same.

It's not the grief which is most important, it's how we deal with it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home