Friday, February 7, 2014

Yes, I'm going!

It took a few days to get through online, but I finally managed to get a seat at both the lesson and public reading of the Dalai Lama.
As far as I can see it's almost at the back, so I hope there are large screens so I can see enough anyway.

It's a pity it's all a money thing.
But long long ago I was promissed that I would be able to go when he would be in my country. I never thought the promiss would be kept, but without any real discussion a seat was booked.

I feel very lucky.

There are many reasons for me to be present at the event.
I feel buddhist and I want to hear the lectures from as close to the source as possible.
Many people have told me the Dalai Lama in person is a big inspiration. I wonder if I can sense that too.
Maybe I will be too far aaway, maybe not. We'll see.

I wish I could have a good talk with him. I heard him say, a while ago, that he's afraid to die.
I don't experience fear of death. In fact I don't mind if I die, because maybe the next life will be better.
I feel sorry for those that will be left behind and who will miss me. But to deal with mourning is part of life's tasks. I can prepare them for that as well as possible.

Well, it will be nice to have a day all for myself.
One of my sons will drive me there, so I'll be in time.

What can I have more?



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home